Afri presents the Annual Famine Walk 2021 in association with Trócaire.
The Famine Walk normally takes place in the Doolough Valley in County Mayo and has been attended by hundreds of people every year since 1988. For the second year in succession and for obvious reasons, we will again gather online to mark this important event and the spirit it seeks to uphold and honour.
Contributors to our virtual event include:
- Blanca Blanco (Interim Head of Programmes with Trócaire)
- Rose Kelly (Teacher, Activist and member of Beyond Extractivism on the Island of Ireland)
- Professor Christine Kinealy (Author of ‘This Great Calamity’ and Director of the Great Hunger Institute, Quinnipiac University)
- Musician Lisa O’Neill
- Poet Paula Meehan
- Harpist Brídín
- MC Ruairí McKiernan, host of Love and Courage podcast and author of Hitching for Hope
- Short film contributions
- And more guests and contributors to be announced
Donations are welcome to support Afri’s independent human rights, sustainability and educational work. You can donate during the free registration process (optional) or consider doing a local sponsored walk or other activity in your area and linking donations to our 2021 Famine Walk event page on iDonate. When you go to the page here, go to the bottom right and click ‘start fundraising’ and this will allow you to create your own fundraising page linked to our event. https://www.idonate.ie/event/2840_afri-famine-walk-2021.html
If you need any advice or support with any of this please email us at email@example.com.
Thanks to Irish Aid, Trócaire, Concern, IQFA and all our friends and supporters.
Register for the Famine Walk here