STATEMENT FROM PRO-NEUTRALITY GROUPS:
AFRI (ACTION FROM IRELAND) • CORK NEUTRALITY LEAGUE • FOYLE ETHICAL INVESTMENT CAMPAIGN GALWAY ALLIANCE AGAINST WAR • INNATE (IRISH NETWORK FOR NON-VIOLENT ACTION TRAINING) IRISH ANTI-WAR MOVEMENT • IRISH NEUTRALITY LEAGUE • PEACE & NEUTRALITY ALLIANCE SHANNONWATCH • SWORDS TO PLOUGHSHARES • WORLD BEYOND WAR, IRELAND
The government has substituted a Citizens Assembly with the forum so as to ensure the outcome it desires.
The views of selected “civilian and military experts and practitioners” are to be prioritised, with public participation kept to a minimum.
DAME RICHARDSON DBE NOT AN IMPARTIAL CHAIRPERSON
- Dame Richardson, who will write the report and make recomendations to the government, has publicly expressed support for US and NATO foreign She is not an impartial chairperson.
THE GOVERNMENT SEEKS TO FABRICATE PUBLIC ENDORSEMENT FOR THE ABOLITION OF THE TRIPLE LOCK
- Given the expressed opposition to the Triple Lock by the Taoiseach and Tánaiste, it is certain that the Forum will recommend its (The Triple Lock restricts the Defence Forces to military operations authorised by the UN, the government and the Dáil.)
- The government is seeking to fabricate public endorsement for the abolition of the Triple Lock so as to engage in expanded, non-peacekeeping military
FURTHER INTEGRATION INTO EU MILITARY ARRANGEMENTS & INCREASED MILITARY SPENDING
- The Forum will also likely recommend Ireland’s further integration into EU military arrangements and increased military
NEUTRALITY THREATENED BY THE FORUM
- There is also a strong likelihood that the Forum will recommend the abolition of Ireland’s neutrality. At the very least, the forum will contribute to the ongoing erosion of
OPINION POLLS INDICATE CONTINUED MAJORITY SUPPORT FOR NEUTRALITY
- Since the war in Ukraine began, numerous opinion polls have indicated continued majority support for Irish
- In the past two decades, the public expressed clear support for neutrality when voting on EU treaties that specifically upheld Irish
- In light of these, the forum is clearly an anti-democratic ruse to bypass the expressed views of the